Sunday, July 8, 2012

How Pinteresting!


Whilst on vacation in San Diego, Sherry @ Young House Love and Katie @ Bower Power announced the Pinterest Challenge: Summer Edition. Bummer! If you remember my last Pinterest Challenge post, you'll recall that the challenge tasks its participants stop pinning and start doing. Pinners get only one week to complete their project, so there's no putting off the project you decide to create. Shut up and commit! I'm all about shutting up and committing, but the bloggers announced the challenge last Tuesday, and I just got home yesterday! What's a girl to do?

This girl is going to participate in the Pinterest Challenge: Summer Edition a week late. However, one of the best parts about the challenge is getting to see all of the awesome projects other bloggers completed. Part of getting to see everyone else's creations is sharing your own. While not a requirement, I think it's good practice to give a little to get a little. Therefore, I will simply offer up any one of my recent projects on Tuesday (maybe my curtain project, my framing project, or my stenciling project). That way, people can get pinspired by me as much as I will by them!

Anywho, for this project, I've decided to finally tackle the table and/or the library file cabinet I've been wantint to gel stain. Notice I said and/or. I don't want to get too ambitious! Chances are good that I'll try the table first for several reasons: 1) It's simpler. No handles, no drawers, no harware. 2) It was cheap. I bought 2 green chairs, an orange chair, and the table for $150. If each chair cost me $50, the table was free! Technically, the file cabinet was free (thanks to my mom & dad), but I care about the results way more. 3) It'll be good practice. I really don't want to ruin that file cabinet, so I'll use the table to get my oopses out of the way.

I've been reading a lot about gel staining at the many home improvement, decorating, and DIY blogs I read, but I found a good step-by-step tutorial here, and I pinned the project here. Since I'm just linking my hundreds of very few readers to the Pinterest Challenge: Summer Edition, y'all aren't getting much of a chance to participate either. Please consider participating with me this week instead. The week will start Tuesday July 10 and end Tuesday July 17. That'll give you a couple days to figure out what project you're going to do. When you're finished with your project, come back and share the results with me! Don't have a blog? Share your thoughts with me via comments and/or share a picture with me on Facebook!

Here are the rules:
  • Give credit where credit is due. Link your project to the original source.
  • Credit YHL & BP for hosting the challenge.
  • Shut up and commit! Take one week, and only one week, to complete the project of your choice.
  • Come back here (or visit YHL or BP) to share your results.
  • Have fun! :) Projects can be anything you've pinned -- a recipe (MOM), a piece of art, a furniture repurpose, a sewing or knitting project you've been dying to try. The possibilities are endless!
Please join me! It's so much more fun to do things together! :)

Meanwhile, check out other participants' projects @ Young House Love and Bower Power this Tuesday morning.

2 comments:

  1. I think you sold me on this one...so motivated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, please, please participate! It's so much fun, and doing things like this actually keeps you motivated. Keep me posted on your results! :)

      Delete

Tell me what you think...