Friday, August 22, 2014

Day 12: The 21 Day Sugar Detox

I didn't post last night since Rich finally got home from his fishing trip. Yahoooo!! Instead of spending time in front of the computer, I spent time in front of his face because I love his face. Going forward, I guess I'll be posting in "real time" instead of being a day late (and definitely a dollar short).

So I feel like this is getting booooring! Blogging is definitely keeping me accountable on the 21DSD, but at this point, all the days are feeling the same. It's still a bit of a struggle, as I deal with some cravings here and there, but overall, there's nothing super extraordinary to report. Therefore, this post's new title will be:

"And I will walk 500 miles, and I will walk 500 more..."

We got our Fit Bit-like walking gadgety things in the mail a couple days ago! Actually, so that I'm giving the company credit, it's called the WalkingSpree Inspire Wireless Activity Tracker. As I explained about a week ago, we were able to purchase these cool little doodads through Rich's company for a discounted rate ($25), and if we walk a certain number of steps per day, he gets a small amount of money tacked on to his paycheck at the end of the month. It's a great concept, especially in terms of keeping heath care costs low.

Here's what the device looks like:


Obviously, it's not the most attractive thing on the planet, but heck, neither am I. You have the choice of either wearing it in a wristband like I am there, wearing it in a clip, or putting it in your pocket naked. I've tried the clip-on pedometer thing before, and it just doesn't work for me. I move around quite a bit at work, so there's just not a good spot for it. Plus, I wear a lot of dresses, so there's really nowhere to put it. Also, I'm certain that if I threw it in my pocket instead of somehow attaching it to my body, I'm sure I'd lose it.

It doesn't seem to do quite as much as the Fit Bit, but I don't really have any first hand experience with the Fit Bit either. I did a small amount of research on the Fit Bit products this summer, and I never really wanted to spend $100 on what I was calling a "glorified pedometer." The Fit Bit claims to monitor your sleep patterns, which sounds really cool, but I don't know how much I'd really get into that. Like the Fit Bit, there's an app for this Walking Spree version, but it's only available for iPhone 4s and above. I still have the 4, but I'm hoping to change that when the 6 comes out. We'll see. On the website, users have access to an activity tracker, a food tracker, and a body tracker. For $25, I can't really complain. Today is my first full day wearing it, and so far, I've walked 5,705 steps. 10,000 is my goal per day.


 

I'm not too sure about these points and raffle tickets, but I'm sure it has something to do with prizes or money Rich can win if we can manage to rack up the right number. 



There's also a leader board. I spray painted the names to protect the innocent, but you can see how it might be motivating to compete against your co-workers. Check out that person in 1st place who has walked 240 miles in the month of August! I don't understand how the person in 5th place has covered more distance in less steps than the person in 4th place (maybe they take other types of workouts into consideration?), but I'm sure I'll figure it out as I go.

A friend from work asked me last night if I wanted to walk one or two days after work this Fall. I said 100% yes! This bracelet has magical powers. As soon as I put it on, I wanted to walk 500 miles and 500 more. It gets crazy busy the first few months of school, but hopefully we can get on a schedule of walking a day or two together so that we can help one another along. Walking with friends can be so beneficial: it's motivating, it's uplifting, and it's a chance to spend quality time with someone you care about. What more could you ask for?


Day 1: The 21 Day Sugar Detox

Day 2: The 21 Day Sugar Detox


Day 3: The 21 Day Sugar Detox

Day 4: The 21 Day Sugar Detox

Day 5: The 21 Day Sugar Detox

Day 6: The 21 Day Sugar Detox

Day 7: The 21 Day Sugar Detox

Day 8: The 21 Day Sugar Detox 

Day 9: The 21 Day Sugar Detox

Day 10: The 21 Day Sugar Detox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...